I quit playing WOW ages ago, but something I read recently sparked my interest. For one week everyone that had a WOW account at some point can come back to the game for FREE. That’s right, no WOW subscription fee for an entire week. Why are they doing this you ask? Well, Blizzard is blowing up the world. When the servers go up today, Deathwing the dragon will have decimated Azeroth. The World of Warcraft will never be the same.
We loved Dragon’s Dogma for its innovative pawn system and superb combat mechanics. However, despite its lengthy and difficult campaign, DD left us longing for more. We’re greedy okay? Today Capcom officially announced that the stand-alone expansion for Dragon’s Dogma, Dark Arisen, will be arriving on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 on April 26th. That’s right, for those of you who still like to cradle your games like babies before you play them, Dark Arisen will ship to retailers on a physical disk on the same day it becomes available on PSN and XBL. Is the expansion really big enough to warrant a retail copy? Read on.
New Locations: Set just off the coast of Gransys in the cursed Bitterblack Isles, players will reportedly venture on an all new series of quests while encountering over 25 brand new enemy types. If victorious, players stand the chance of getting over 100 pieces of new loot (to make themselves feel all powerful and stuff). If you held onto your save game from the original DD you’ll be able to import your character, keep your loot and level, and get the insane bonus of “100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free.” Not a bad deal right?
Here is a list of all goodies Dark Arisen has to offer.
All of the content from the original Dragon’s Dogma plus…
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- And there’s more:
- Increased character customization options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over