People still think the game is just for “nerds” and social misfits. I would argue that D&D is for anyone that likes adventure, laughing with friends, and imagination. The people I play with are teachers, pilots, doctors, chefs and animal trainers. No matter who you are or where you are in life Dungeons and Dragons will always be around for you to roll some dice and have a damn good time. Allie Goertz pretty much sums up how we all feel about the mother of all RPGs… A great place to just get away… She, as well as this video, are about to blow up… you’ll see.
The Conventions keep on coming! PAX: Prime is just a few weeks away, and with the schedule finally available I figured I’d give a quick rundown of some of the panels and events we’re looking forward to the most. I should also mention that I did get a chance to say a quick hello to Penny Arcade creators Mike and Jerry at this year’s Comic-Con and couldn’t help but mention how much Matt and I enjoyed this year’s PAX:East. I always get “gushy” around people that I admire, so when I started talking to Jerry I thanked him for creating one of the best conventions I’ve ever attended (seriously folks.. PAX is incredible if you like games). On another note, getting press passes to massive conventions like Comic-Con and E3 is incredibly challenging, if not impossible. PAX on the other hand said “sure”. Jerry stated that PAX was designed as a convention specifically for video game fans… the underdogs… And we think that’s awesome.
Here are some panels and events that should be pretty damn interesting.
- PAX Prime 2011 Keynote: David Jaffe –( Twisted Metal just got pushed and Jaffe is notoriously honest… hold onto your butts)
- Penny Arcade Q&A (Fans, nerds, empire builders; these guys started it all. Find out what Mike and Jerry have to say)
- Darksiders II – Creating More Than Just a Sequel ( As a huge fan of the original I can’t wait to see what they have waiting for us this time around)
- It’s About All of Us: A Follow Up To PAX East’s The Other Us Panel ( A sequel to a panel?! Does everything have to have a sequel these days? Actually the prequel to this sequel was so incredible at PAX: East that it sparked a handful of articles as well as one of my favorite interviews I’ve ever conducted with Allison Thresher… Really looking forward to this one)
- Crabcat Industries Presents: Revenge of the Cosplayers (We love Crabcat and how hard they work! Even though I’ve never Cosplayed a moment in my life their costumes are inspiring)
- The Giant Bomb Variety Hour (One of my favorite podcasts.. love these guys)
- How to Run Your Own Gaming Website and Win at Life (As a website that runs on nothing but nerd-passion we need all the help we can get.. We love Destructoid’s success story and can’t wait to hear what they have to say)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (This game needs to be renamed “The Life-Killer”)
- BioWare Mythic – Content to be Announced ( I know what it is and I’m not telling)
- Brothers to the End – A Gears Community Panel (massive Gears Fan.. but probably won’t miss the Bioware panel)
- Dragon Age – The Future ( Sure, some people were upset with DAII, but it was still one of the best RPG experiences I’ve had in ages… any news on this franchise is good news)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Force is Strong with This One (Stellar game, can’t wait for the actual release)