I had prepared for my first trip to PAX the way I must prepare for everything else: through rigorous research, planning, and incessant pestering of my friends. What kind of water bottle should I bring? Collapsible. Pain killers? More than one kind, just in case someone you’re with is allergic to one. Hand sanitizer? Apply liberally to everything. Even that child? Especially that child. Sneakers? Don’t forget the gel insoles. Zinc and vitamin C? Begin a rigorous course three weeks prior and bring some with you just in case.
Comic Con 2011 tickets go on sale this Saturday Feb 5th at 9:00am PST. Get your six shooters ready because that’s high noon (EST) for us East coasters. Click here when it’s time.
How to prepare for battle (aka getting a ticket)
- Read Matt’s coverage of the process : Comic Con Tickets: A Saga
- Wake up early and refreshed; patience leads to victory
- Have a few computers with a solid internet connection. This is a race, and you want to win.
- Have the pages loaded up before registration goes live. Hit refresh when it’s time, and go from there.
- Have your credit card and personal information on hand. You’ll only have one shot at this, don’t screw up.
- Click here, and good luck
Now, why would anyone go to all this trouble for a ticket to a silly convention? Well it’s everything a nerd could possibly love under 1 roof. This video pretty much sums it up. Tipping my hat to Machinima for one of the only solid 2010 coverage videos that I could find.