Quite possibly the biggest piece of gaming news in recent months was the rise and fall of 38 Studios. Virtually every gaming site on the planet has covered the event that will no doubt go down in gaming history as one gigantic cluster bomb of nasty. We actually talked about it on Rated NA:60 as well as Press to Reset: 45 – Like a chainsaw wielding white knight, North Carolina based Epic Games, creators of Unreal, Gears of War, and the upcoming Fort Night, have stepped into the ring as the heroes of this once awful and depressing tale. Take a look at the latest info straight from Dr. Capps and Epic. This is just awesome.
Comic Con 2011 tickets go on sale this Saturday Feb 5th at 9:00am PST. Get your six shooters ready because that’s high noon (EST) for us East coasters. Click here when it’s time.
How to prepare for battle (aka getting a ticket)
- Read Matt’s coverage of the process : Comic Con Tickets: A Saga
- Wake up early and refreshed; patience leads to victory
- Have a few computers with a solid internet connection. This is a race, and you want to win.
- Have the pages loaded up before registration goes live. Hit refresh when it’s time, and go from there.
- Have your credit card and personal information on hand. You’ll only have one shot at this, don’t screw up.
- Click here, and good luck
Now, why would anyone go to all this trouble for a ticket to a silly convention? Well it’s everything a nerd could possibly love under 1 roof. This video pretty much sums it up. Tipping my hat to Machinima for one of the only solid 2010 coverage videos that I could find.