Yes, I’m fully aware that this article is woefully late, but we’ve been BUSY. The weekend prior to this year’s PAX East I had the opportunity to check out one of Florida’s biggest conventions, the Orlando MegaCon. The number of cosplayers at MegaCon has increased exponentially over the years, and I have to say that this year’s show had more costumes than ever before. Even if you’re not a cosplayer yourself, you have to admire all the hard work and craftsmanship that goes into building some of the costumes you’ll see below. Here is quick look at some of the costumes of MegaCon 2013.
And so we embark on another excellent adventure! The Penny Arcade Expo holds a very special place in our nerdy little hearts, and we’re elated to be heading back into the fray. For the next four days we’ll be bringing you a slightly different perspective on some of the most anticipated, and little known, titles of 2012 and beyond.
What is PAX you ask?
“PAX East is a three-day game festival for tabletop, videogame, and PC gamers. We call it a festival because in addition to dedicated tournaments and freeplay areas we’ve got nerdcore concerts, panel discussions, and an exhibitor hall filled with booths displaying the latest from top game publishers and developers. Even with all this amazing content the best part of PAX East is hanging out with other people who know their shit when it comes to games.” (PAX SITE)
Why is your coverage special? I mean what’s the big idea?!
We’re super nerds with a wide array of convention related special abilities. Keep your eyes trained on the site and our twitter feed @NerdAppropriate for the latest gaming updates and general madness. If you’re reading this and in the Boston area, we’d love to meet you! Hit us up on Twitter and we’ll talk games!
We will be sharing all the information we possibly can while on the go. Have a look at some of the planned panels and events!
- Coverage of Bioware’s latest announcements regarding Mass Effect 3, and the Dragon Age franchise.
- Hands on with Borderlands 2 and a few gallons delicious of *wub wub*
- Hands on with Orcs Must Die 2 from the crazy folks at Robot Entertainment.
- The Latest from Square Enix
- Line reports and general con info
- Hands on with Max Payne 3 – guns, grit, grenades…
- So much panel coverage that your brains may actually explode.
- Coverage of late night gatherings and media events.
- Interviews, cosplay, and pure mayhem!