How did Watch Dogs steal the show? Easy, it was actually a well kept secret! In development at Ubisoft for over two years, Watch Dogs was a huge surprise for even the most seasoned video game vets. What we do know is that Watch Dogs will be an open world adventure set in Chicago U.S.A. , go anywhere, do anything, and eat as much deep dish pizza as you’d like! Like our good friends Zero Cool and Crash Override, the main protagonist Aiden Pierce can control almost anything that’s wired into the grid….
I had the opportunity to play Capcom’s Dragon’s Dogma last year at Nerd HQ really enjoyed myself. I think the problem with new RPGs is that they’re terrified to actually innovate, and often borrow systems and themes from other games of the same genre. It’s no coincidence that I felt like I was playing Fable mixed with WOW while I hacked my way through the beginning of KOA: Reckoning. From the small amount of time I got to spend with Dragon’s Dogma I was really impressed with how different the game FELT. It’s funny, I actually remember talking on the podcast ages ago about how great it would be to see Capcom try to produce a more Western RPG, and behold, we now have Dragon’s Dogma.
We just received a press release from the fine folks at Capcom regarding the upcoming Dragon’s Dogma demo and pulled out some of the key ideas.
- The Demo will launch before the retail release (doi)
- You will get to experience two of the game’s character classes.
- Class 1: A melee specialist
- Class 2: A rogue
- The Melee specialist story will actually be a prologue to the main game.
- The Demo will allow you to design your main avatar as well as your “pawn.” (Companion)
- Purchasers of Dragon’s Dogma will be able to export their demo characters at launch.
Dragon’s Dogma is scheduled for release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on May 22 and across Europe on May 25.