Technology can’t keep up with the dedication and rabid loyalty of convention goers these days. First, SDCC registration was shut down for months due to the speed and ferocity of registration, and now PAX: Prime registration too has been shattered and broken. Keep your eyes on the offical PAX Twitter feed as well as NerdAppropriate.com for details as to when registration will reopen.
I had the opportunity to play Capcom’s Dragon’s Dogma last year at Nerd HQ really enjoyed myself. I think the problem with new RPGs is that they’re terrified to actually innovate, and often borrow systems and themes from other games of the same genre. It’s no coincidence that I felt like I was playing Fable mixed with WOW while I hacked my way through the beginning of KOA: Reckoning. From the small amount of time I got to spend with Dragon’s Dogma I was really impressed with how different the game FELT. It’s funny, I actually remember talking on the podcast ages ago about how great it would be to see Capcom try to produce a more Western RPG, and behold, we now have Dragon’s Dogma.
We just received a press release from the fine folks at Capcom regarding the upcoming Dragon’s Dogma demo and pulled out some of the key ideas.
- The Demo will launch before the retail release (doi)
- You will get to experience two of the game’s character classes.
- Class 1: A melee specialist
- Class 2: A rogue
- The Melee specialist story will actually be a prologue to the main game.
- The Demo will allow you to design your main avatar as well as your “pawn.” (Companion)
- Purchasers of Dragon’s Dogma will be able to export their demo characters at launch.
Dragon’s Dogma is scheduled for release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on May 22 and across Europe on May 25.